Monday, November 2, 2009

Dear Miss Harlie...

Dear Harlie,

Last night was tough baby girl, one of the toughest I have gone through in a while, but from each of our trials and hard moments in life we come out stronger, I will come out of this with a greater understanding of love, loss and and never taking any life for granted. You are the first thing I have lost that is close to me, and if the movie is true I will see you again in heaven. Daddy told me that you were up their watching over our little babies, please take good care of them and let them know we can't wait to see them. I am going to miss you Harlie girl, you brought so much joy during the short time we had you. I will always remember our first night together and how you instantly cuddled up next to me. I will miss my lunch buddy and taking you for walks during my hour break. I will miss you licking my legs when I get out of the shower and sitting on the rug next to me until I leave for work. You were always excited to see us no matter if we left for 3 hours or 10 minutes, you would wag your short little tail as fast as it could go. You never got mad at us and anytime you were in trouble you would cuddle up to us letting us know you were sorry. You were learning so well and finally learned how to go potty outside. I will miss racing up the stairs with you and watching you wrestle with Dad. He was so proud of how well you were learning and was almost done teaching you how to run with me. You were such a joy to be around and we will truly miss you. We put all of your stuff away this morning and it was so hard to let it go, but between you an me I kept Mr Giraffe and will keep him safe for you until we see you again. I have never seen Dad cry before but I know it is because he loves you just as much as I do. We know you are in a better place today and are in no more pain. We love you baby girl and will wait for the time that we can be together again.



Harlie Norton
July 26 2009- November 1 2009
"Every Little Thing's Gonna Be Alright"

8 comments:

  1. Kaitlin! Oh my gosh... I'm so sorry. So so so sorry. I'm crying right now. We loved Harlie and will miss her too. I can't believe it. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as you already know from Cru's cards he made, we'll miss her too. It really is tough losing a pet - no apologies for crying! Especially when it was so...tragic. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?? what happened? Just the other day you were saying she was fine. Im so sorry!! That really is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaitlin I am so sorry. I can't believe it! What a hard thing for you and Chase to go through! We love you guys and will miss Harlie too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i just found your blog! im so sorry about your dog :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey were private now so email me at holeinone727@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Kaitlin, that is so sad! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kait, I can't believe it! I am so sorry for you gusy to lose your sweet dog. :(

    ReplyDelete